If you want an ad on the big screen:
- Payment must be delivered to the advertising chair before the slide will be shown! (fees explained below)
- Slide and payment must be received, and an advertising contract completed prior to 5:00pm on the Thursday before the first weekend the ad is to be shown
- If you would prefer not to design your own slide, the advertising chair can design a good looking one for you for a small fee
Exceptions to the deadline are at the discretion of the current advertising chair
- Plan 1: $10 per weekend
- Plan 2: $75 for the entire academic semester
- $50 for the first 30 seconds, $25 for every 15 seconds following
We accept cash, check, or MTU inter-account bill.
The slides must be in the Microsoft PowerPoint .pptx format using a 2.39:1 (Scope print) ratio, and have embedded fonts enabled.
- We use a full digital cinema Scope print which uses a 2.39:1 aspect ratio. The ad should be planned around that.
- Vector art is preferred for images, but your design team may want to make the ad a single raster image.
- Microsoft recommends that such an image be the resolution of the projector, which for us is 2048×858 when showing a Scope image.
- Because this is a projected image, high contrast text is good (stay away from dark blues on black, etc.)
A blank PowerPoint slide in the 2.39:1 ratio, with embedded fonts pre-enabled, is available here for download.
The slide must be in this format or it will not be shown.
The Current Film Board Advertising Chair: